Ballyfermot Training Centre
6:30pm to 9:30pm, Tuesday and Thursday
Motor Parts Servicing (4S2648)
The Vehicle Brake, Oil and Battery Maintenance course covers the maintainance and replacement of components associated with the brakes, battery, and oil systems of cars and light commercial vehicles, whilst working under supervision. Key areas covered are:
* Operate vehicle lift in a safe and proper manner.
* Remove and fit drum brakes.
* Remove and fit disc brakes.
* Identify and fit correct oil filter.
* Identify oil types as per manufacturing oil specifications.
* Check the Charging System is working.
* Carry out battery testing.
* Remove and fit batteries.
* Charge batteries using a battery charger
Class and Practical.
No special requirements.
Work in Motor Industry.